part-time Marketing & Communications Internship
Reach Out and Read Colorado
Marketing & Communications Intern
Part-Time (12-15 hours/week)
Reach Out and Read Colorado (RORCO) is a twenty-year old nonprofit organization dedicated to giving young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together. By taking advantage of the existing infrastructure and relationships between healthcare providers, their young patients and the children’s parents, RORCO is taking steps so that, ultimately, all children in Colorado will grow up with books and a love of reading.
The Reach Out and Read Colorado Communications Intern is a key member of the team and is responsible for the content creation, implementation, and analysis of communication strategies that raise awareness for our brand via various digital marketing channels (social media, blogging, email, website, etc).
The right candidate will bring solid research, strategy, and writing skills to the position, and will have the opportunity to hone those skills working with members of the Marketing, Program and Development teams. The right candidate will be able to capture our personality to tell stories of our impact and produce compelling content for parents, providers and supporters.
This internship is a unique opportunity to dig in with a seasoned team and contribute to the growth of an expanding nonprofit. This intern will have the opportunity to showcase creativity, build experience, try new things and help our light shine brighter among a variety of stakeholders.
Your days will be varied and fast-paced. This is an in-person, in-office position. Work hours can be scheduled flexibly.
WHO YOU ARE:
A digital-savvy dynamo with a knack for creating shareable content, a passion for writing, storytelling, and of course, reading! You are excited to use your knowledge and expertise in digital communications and social media to help Reach Out and Read Colorado take our platforms to the next level. You are data-curious and can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail. You are flexible and enjoy juggling multiple projects and priorities and do you best work as part of a team! You meet deadlines reliable and share your thoughts and ideas willingly.
- Manage and curate our digital platforms- Social media, SMS, blog, website
- Create written (original and curated) content to use in our channels for our stakeholders (providers, parents, donors)
- Create original content for parents, providers and donors
- Understand, identify, and engage with partners and influencers to increase social media engagement
- Contribute creatively to the overall digital communications strategy, identifying and testing new ways to improve online engagement and website traffic
- Compile, analyze, and report on digital campaigns and program initiatives
- Research prospects
- Support administrative needs for program implementation and fundraising events as requested
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of social media and best practices – active on multiple platforms with personal or brand accounts
- Ability to juggle projects and priorities, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be efficient while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel), Google Suite and social media platforms
- Spanish fluency a strong plus
- WordPress and SEO/SEM experience a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to work with a great team for a good cause
- A collaborative work environment
- The opportunity to gain valuable, relevant experience
- $15/hr – 12 to 15 hours per week; in-office position (Denver, CO)
- 6-month commitment
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected], with a subject line of ‘Communications Intern.’ No applications will be considered without both requirements. Open until filled.
Reach Out and Read Colorado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Reach Out and Read Colorado provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.