By volunteering to serve as a Reach Out and Read Colorado site coordinator, not only are you enriching the lives of the families you serve, you’re also strengthening your own professional portfolio. Including Reach Out and Read Colorado involvement as a part of your resume or on LinkedIn is a way to convey a possession of unique skills, qualities, and responsibilities that go beyond your normal scope of work at your clinic.
Here are four reasons why you should join us on LinkedIn:
Reach Out and Read Colorado posts industry news, relevant articles, research, organization updates, and community trends on our LinkedIn page. When you follow Reach Out and Read Colorado on LinkedIn our posts will begin to show up in your news feed, you choose to engage or monitor.
Individuals that follow the Reach Out and Read Colorado company page not only get updates and news, but also become part of our professional, online community. You can find, connect and network with other site coordinators, medical champions, staff, etc. Share information and join the discussion.
A follow on LinkedIn can be a sign to your individual network and connections of your support for our organization and personal involvement in our mission. Show off your role as an early literacy champion to the broader LinkedIn community and share what “prescribing books that change lives” means to you.
4. Job Hunting
LinkedIn members can use the “follow” function as a part of their job hunting process. It can also help to add your involvement with Reach Out and Read Colorado to the “experience” or “volunteer” sections of your member profile. Don’t forget to ask your colleagues for recommendations to be included in your member profile, learn more about recommendations HERE.
The sample resume content below is a starting place, intended for customization by each individual in order to best represent their experience as a Reach Out and Read Colorado Site Coordinator.
Job title: Reach Out and Read Colorado Site Coordinator
Sample job description/position summary: The Reach Out and Read Colorado Site Coordinator is responsible for operational oversight and the administrative aspects of running the Reach Out and Read program. Site Coordinator is a voluntary position and serves as primary contact between the clinic and Reach Out and Read Colorado.
Sample skills/action words:
– Project Management
– Volunteer Management
– Book Ordering
– Budget Management
– Support Medical Providers
– Program Administration
– Develop, Maintain or Establish relationships
– Collaborate with Community Partners
– Manage or Organize Volunteers
– Time Management
Sample bullet points:
– Ensure Reach Out and Read Colorado program requirements are met each year
– Contacted, trained, scheduled, and directed ## Reach Out and Read Volunteers
– Distributed ## books
– Worked ## additional hours per week
– Managed ## people
– Established and maintained communication channels
– Completed Reach Out and Read Colorado progress reports every six months, two per year
– Familiarity with the clinic, the staff, and the patient population
– Ordered, sorted, tracked and stocked books
– Developed and maintained book inventory system
– Distributed Reach Out and Read Colorado material internally and externally
– Coordinated annual site visit with Reach Out and Read Colorado staff
– Solicited and maintained collection of gently used books
– Built local partnerships with organizations such as local libraries and service organizations
– Trained new Reach Out and Read Site Coordinator with assistance from Reach Out and Read Colorado Regional Coordinator
– Raised funds for books
– Developed positive relationships with children and families around books
– Assisted Reach Out and Read Medical Champion
Training and continued education:
* Technical Assistance
* Continued Education
Read Reach Out and Read Colorado’s e-newsletter The Coordinator for tech tips, new resources, fundraising opportunities, organizational announcements and more. It is delivered to your inbox bi-monthly.
Reach Out and Read Colorado is deeply appreciative of the commitment and dedication of all our Volunteer Site Coordinators and Medical Champions. Please share any thoughts, comments or ideas about professional development by emailing email@example.com.