The Colorado Landscape Panel at our first ever Innovate | Collaborate (July 13, 2017) explored innovation and collaboration taking place across the public sector in Denver, to catalyze participants to rethink community and inspire all in attendance to push boundaries. The event was hosted by Reach Out and Read Colorado, in partnership with the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, One Thousand Design, and Tattered Cover.
The Colorado Landscape Panel was a collective force for social good featuring thought-leaders and community influencers from throughout Greater Denver Metro. The line-up included:
– Jodi Hardin, Chief Strategy Officer at The Civic Canopy
– Danielle Varda, Center on Network Science at University of Colorado Denver | Partner Tool
– Will Chan, Director of Economic Mobility for the North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative and National Western Center
– Sharon Morris, Director, Library Development and Innovation, Colorado State Library
– Noah Atencio, Vice President of Community Impact, curator of The Innovators Society, Community First Foundation
Five key takeaways from Innovate | Collaborate 2017 –
1. Partners come from unexpected places.
2. Budget should never drive vision.
3. Have confidence in others, and have confidence in yourself.
4. Be open minded to people seeking collaboration.
5. Always say “yes”.
Interested in participating or sponsoring Innovate | Collaborate 2018? Email Maureen Maycheco, Communications Director.